My name is Kinza Malik and I am currently an Undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Co-op student at the University of Alberta. While currently on a co-op term with the City of Edmonton Facility Engineering, I am doing research under the supervision of Dr. Hossein Rouhani at the Neuromuscular Control and Biomechanics Lab.
- Dr. Hossein Rouhani
I am designing a platform with programmable motion with two degrees of freedom (translation and pitch rotation) that will enable us to quantify the dynamic neuromuscular response of the human subject to postural perturbation using system identification techniques. I will also be designing a portable straight-track support system which will protect the participants against falls, as well as provide dynamic weight support.
- CaNoRock Internship at the Andoya Space Centre - 2017
- 1st Place in the Ualberta Engineering Mechanical Design Competition - 2016
- Chancellor’s Citation - 2014
- University of Alberta Academic Excellence Scholarship - 2014
- Faculty of Engineering Academic Excellence Scholarship - 2014
- Donald Lougheed Academic Excellence Scholarship in Engineering - 2014