I have received a B.Sc. in Physical Therapy from McGill University and worked as a clinician for over 15 years as a physical therapist with a spinal cord injury (SCI) population. I also holds a Master’s degree in Biomedical Sciences and a PhD in Rehabilitation Science from the University of Montreal. I am currently a postdoctoral fellow at the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute – Lyndhurst Centre.
- Dr. Hossein Rouhani
- Dr. Kristin Musselman
- Evaluation and treatment of standing postural control following a spinal cord injury
- Wearable sensors for human movement monitoring
- Laboratory biomechanical assessments (motion capture system, force plates)
- Validation of clinical assessments
- Using body-worn sensors to identify individuals with SCI at risk of falling
- Validation of the RHSCIR 2.0 Standing and Walking Stages
- Traduction et adaptation transculturelle en français du Mini BESTest utilisé pour l’évaluation de l’équilibre debout
- The Spinal Cord Independence Measure (SCIM) version 4: International study of validity and reliability
I am currently supported by a postdoctoral fellowship research grant from the Craig H Nielsen Foundation.
- Lemay JF, Roy A, Nadeau S, Gagnon DH. The French version of the Mini BESTest: A translation and transcultural adaptation study incorporating a reliability analysis. Article accepted and currently revised at Annals of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Lemay JF, Duclos C, Nadeau S, Gagnon DH. Postural control during gait initiation and.termination of adults with incomplete spinal cord injury. Human Movement Science 2015;41:20-31.
- Grangeon M, Gauthier C, Duclos C, Lemay JF, Gagnon D. Unsupported eyes closed sitting.and quiet standing share postural control strategies in healthy individuals. Motor Control 2015;19:10-24.
- Lemay JF, Duclos C, Nadeau S, Gagnon D, Desrosiers E. Postural and dynamic balance while walking in adults with incomplete spinal cord injury. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology 2014;24:739-46.
- Lemay JF, Gagnon DH, Nadeau S, Grangeon M, Gauthier C, Duclos C. Center-of-pressure.total trajectory length is a complementary measure to maximum excursion to better differentiate multidirectional standing limits of stability between individuals with incomplete spinal cord injury and able-bodied individuals. Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation 2014;11:8.
- Lemay JF, Gagnon D, Duclos C, Grangeon M, Gauthier C, Nadeau S. Influence of visual inputs on quasi-static standing postural steadiness in individuals with spinal cord injury. Gait Posture 2013;38:357-60.
- Lemay JF, Nadeau S (2012) Potential of the Balance Master system to assess the standing balance in people with AIS D spinal cord injury. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. 2013;45:55-60.
- Lemay JF, Nadeau S (2009) Standing balance assessment in ASIA D paraplegic and tetraplegic participants: concurrent validity of the Berg Balance Scale. Spinal Cord 48(3): 245-250.
- Mercier C, Bourbonnais D, Bilodeau S, Lemay JF, Cross P (1999) Description of a new motor reeducation program for the paretic lower limb aimed at improving the mobility of stroke patients. Clinical Rehabilitation, 1999;13:199-206.
- Bourbonnais D, Bilodeau S, Cross P, Lemay JF, Goyette M (1997) A motor reeducation program aimed to improve strength and coordination of the upper limb of a hemiparetic subject. Neurorehabilitation, 1997;9:3-15.