I am a Master of Mechanical Engineering Student at the University of Alberta working in NCB lab. My Research is focused on "Estimation of Center of Mass Displacement During vertical jumping" under the supervision of Dr. Hossein Rouhani.
I graduated from Shiraz University in 2017 with a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering. During my B.Sc. at Shiraz University, I participated in several multi-disciplinary research projects such as Camera Holder Robotic Arm for Assistance in Laparoscopy Surgery, Optimizing the On-Off Controller of Shiraz University’s Lower Extremity Exoskeleton, Omni-wheel Robot Positioning Using Image Processing and Comparison of Experimental Data with the Optimal Path under the supervision of Prof. Mohammad Eghtesad.
- Dr. Hossein Rouhani
- Human biomechanics
- Wearable sensors and technology
- Digital health and health monitoring platforms
My research is focused on “Estimation of Center of mass Displacement During vertical jumping”. The Center of Mass (CoM) is an imaginary point at which the total body mass can be assumed to be concentrated. Since the displacement of CoM is an indicator of human body motion efficiency, balance, stability and etc. it allows the exploration of the level of performance and expertise in many disciplines.
As a part of my research, I am working with different equipment such as motion capture cameras, force-plate, and inertial sensors for collecting data and MATLAB programming language for data analysis.
- First Place Prize for Best Scientific Competition at 6th National Iranian Academic Competition (Motion Festival)
- ” The Optimization of the On-Off Angle Range of the Actuators of Shiraz University Lower Extremity Exoskeleton”, Ramin Fathian, Alborz Aghamaleki Sarvestani, Mohammad Eghtesad, Alireza Moeini. 25th International Conference on Mechanical Engineering (ISME 2017)
- ”4-Wheel Robot Positioning by Using Image Processing and Comparison of Experimental Data with the Desirable Path”, Ramin Fathian, Alireza Moeini, Alborz Aghamaleki Sarvestani, Mohammad Eghtesad. 25th International Conference on Mechanical Engineering (ISME 2017)